In 2007, Rhys joined Casper & Casper as an Associate to continue his dedication to helping people protect their rights. He was named Partner in 2016. He focuses his legal practice on personal injury law, negligence law, employer intentional torts, employer violations of specific safety requirements, and products liability, among other areas. He also handles workers’ compensation administrative hearings and litigation. Rhys is proud to be a partner at Casper & Casper as it celebrates 80+ years of service to the community.
Each time he meets with a new client, Rhys explains the team approach taken by Casper & Casper regarding every case. Our approach utilizes the expertise and experience of the attorneys at Casper & Casper and within the practice as a whole, and pinpoints the right experts for each specific case. Rhys does everything possible to make sure that clients walk away from a trying experience with the best possible outcome for them. He is direct and genuine in his approach to each case and will listen to clients’ concerns and questions while clearly communicating the steps in the legal process that can lead to a successful outcome.
Rhys is very involved with the Ohio State Bar Association. In 2010, he graduated from the OSBA’s inaugural Leadership Academy. He has served as chairperson of both the Insurance Law and Negligence Law Committees of the OSBA. In 2013, he finished a project with the Ohio State Bar Foundation 2011 Fellows Class. The project, called O.P.E.N Court, involves a series of videos and supplemental materials that have been sent to courts and classrooms statewide to help prepare children with exceptional needs (autism and other developmental disabilities) for interactions with the juvenile court system. For more information about the project, visit www.osbf.net/opencourt.
In 2012, Rhys was inducted into the Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association and served as its treasurer. He became vice president of that organization in 2014 and currently serves as its president.
Rhys spends much of his spare time playing and coaching hockey and watching his favorite team, the Detroit Red Wings. He enjoys swinging the golf clubs in the warmer months, though it’s more about relaxation than skill. He also loves to travel, whether it be to run with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain, explore art museums in Florence, Italy, and Madrid, Spain, or to boogie board in the surf off the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Rhys grew up in Ross Township in Butler County, Ohio, and now resides in the Cincinnati area with his family. After coaching the Bantam House and JV-B teams for a combined four seasons, he currently serves as a coach of the Northern Kentucky Youth Hockey Association JV-A team.
- Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- Kentucky, 2013
- Bowling Green State University, Bachelor of Arts in English and History with a minor in Africana Studies, magna cum laude, 2004
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2007
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Foundation
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Association for Justice
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association
- Butler County Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Additional Associations and Activities
- OSBA Negligence Law Committee (Past Chairperson)
- OSBA Insurance Law Committee (Past Chairperson)
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association (Current President)
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honors Society
- Greater Hamilton Civic Theater Board (Current Member and Past Board Member)
- American Cancer Society, Butler County Board (Past Board President)
- American Cancer Society – Cancer Action Network
- USA Hockey (Coach and Player)
- Northern Kentucky Youth Hockey Association (Coach)
Honors and Awards
- 2016 Rising Star
- Ohio State Bar Foundation Fellows Class of 2011
- District 1 Award for Community Service by Lawyers 40 and Under, Ohio Bar Foundation, 2011
- OSBA Leadership Academy Graduate 2010
- President’s Award for Most Distinguished Service, BGSU, 2004
Year Joined Firm